Tuesday, 6 April 2010

Thief apologises again and deletes all plagiarised material

Now just the apology remains on the site - all other material (a considerable amount) has been removed. It seems the Diabetes Daily feed was the place he was getting everything from, maybe Tudiabetes as well. I don't think I'll resubmit my blog to DD until I can find a way of protecting my material. It's not block-busting, best-selling stuff, but it's my stuff and I should be acknowledged as its author. I write it to hopefully make people smile and have a lighter look at diabetes and its ups and downs, and it does take effort (believe it or not!).

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for keeping us all in the loop on that site... Good see our stuff has been taken down, and an apology written. It may be the site creater there didn't exactly understand there was a problem of attribution. Personally, as long as it would have mentioned my name and blog, I would've been fine with it. But without, not. The D-Mob takes credit on this one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agreed. I wasn't mad they had it on their site, but angry that I wasn't even linked back. Not to mention the "apology" is written in very poor English.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Of course, know the D-Blog Thief later puts up instructions on how to protect. Yes, it appears this person did know. And another point: even with these instructions, it's not clear whether that will solve the initial problem of attribution - will those who use this method not be credited for their work, as before? Appears like a shady, or very inexperienced, site (er, "syndicate.")

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think many of us have seen our posts lifted without attribution, but it's annoying when we have copyright notices prominently displayed!! I once had someone lift photographs of me and my cat!! Thanks for bringing this to our attention!

    ReplyDelete